Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bits and Bobs

Not much news over the past week and some change. I'll be heading to Minneapolis, an old stomping ground, in a few days for my sister's wedding. Hopefully I'll have some time and spare change to hit up Roadrunner Records and Treehouse Records. Maybe even Hymie's.

It looks like a couple more interviews should be running soon - I'd expect them online in early August.

At All About Jazz, a confab with percussionist-improviser Weasel Walter will run as a full, unabridged interview. I had hoped this would be available before he went on tour in May, but I got slow and so it runs next month. As far as burning free-jazz skronk goes, I highly recommend his work, most of which is available here.

Bagatellen will soon publish an interview I did with trumpeter Nate Wooley, who has done some interesting work with Mary Halvorson and Reuben Radding in the group Crackleknob. Also the trio Hammer with Fred Lonberg-Holm and Jason Roebke. Also Transit, Harris Eisenstadt's Guewel, duos with Paul Lytton and Peter Evans... busy guy. Also one of the trumpeters out there really expanding on/extending the language qua Bill Dixon.

Tonight's listening: Christian Lillingers' Grund and Herculaneum III, both on Clean Feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment